Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Howdy!

I read...a lot! Reading has been my passion since I was a 6 year old. My reading tastes are like my taste in music~I like a little bit of everything. So my plan this year is to read 52 books. I probably already have, but I have not kept track or "reviewed" (given my opinion...whatever!!!) so I start today.
I plan on letting you know everything I read in book form. It may be young adult, kid lit, romance novels, "serious" literature, popular fiction, popular non-fiction, chick lit...anything and everything EXCEPT professional stuff. (Even I won't torture you with educational reading. Education is like the old adage..."opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one"~only educators get encouraged/paid/tenured to write all about it!) So if you are a literature snob, this might not be your place. I believe everyone has the right to their voice~with the Internet, even fools like me can bore/entertain/piss off people like you~and I reserve the right to tell anyone who will listen how I feel about books. Please feel free to let me know how you feel, too. Maybe we might actually "talk"~wouldn't that be fun!!!
I will give a book a rating of 1 (yuck!) to 5 (Fabulous!). I am on quest for some cute symbol to represent my feelings...could be a while!

1 comment:

shilpa said...

Wow...thats interesting! I once did a summer project where I read 68 books.My aim was to get to a 100.School started..and Bah! we all know how that interferes with education eh?